As podcasts become more and more popular, drivers are increasingly downloading episodes of their favorite podcast series in favor of the listening to the radio or playlists. Hundreds of new podcasts are being developed each year and we have listed 16 of our favorite must-listen podcasts for 2018 below for any drivers who are looking for new true crime, political, business, and science-related content for their morning commute.
16 Must-Listen Podcasts for 2018
- In The Dark – The story of the mishandled crime cases of Jacob Wetterling and Curtis Flowers
- Serial – Each season explores the true story of one true crime case
- Up and Vanished – An investigation into ongoing missing person cases
- Empty Frames – A detailed look into the largest unsolved art heist in history
- Slow Burn – Explore past political events including Watergate and the Bill Clinton impeachment
- Caliphate – New York Times journalist Rukmini Callimachi reports on ISIS and the fall of Mosul
- Without Fail – Alex Blumberg hosts Without Fail – a podcast about failure in business
- Hey, Cool Job – Mary H.K. Choi interviews a diverse group of people with interesting careers
- How I Built This – Guy Raz interviews the founders of successful companies to learn about their origins
- Ologies – Host Alie Ward chats with “ologists” from various science fields on a variety of topics
- Science Vs – Controversial topics are discussed through the lens of science to discover what’s true
- The Habitat – Follow a team of volunteers on a year-long simulated mission to Mars
- Invisibilia – A podcast on human behavior
- The Allusionist – Stories told through the lens of linguistics and language
- Reply All – From Gimlet Media, Reply All dives deep into internet culture
- 99% Invisible – Roman Mars discusses the design and architecture of often overlooked objects and spaces
Not all of the podcasts on this list are suitable for all listeners. Please use your best judgment for listening to podcasts when teens and children are in the vehicle.
One of the best things about driving a pre-owned luxury vehicle is that you typically get more infotainment options so you can stream your favorite playlists. Speaking of playlists, we thought that we would suggest some great songs (mostly country) to celebrate our home state of Texas! Be sure to add some of them to your playlist!
More From Texas Motor Club
Car and Driver Reveals Their Picks for the 10 Best Cars of 2019
Car and Driver magazine recently released their list of the best cars of 2019. See ...read more